Why Choose Us
World-Class Experts Available Virtually
Get a written second opinion from the top physicians at NewYork-Presbyterian, one of New York's top ranked hospitals. As the teaching hospital for both Columbia University Vagelos College of Physicians and Surgeons and Weill Cornell Medicine medical schools, NewYork-Presbyterian has renowned physicians, including those whose clinical research keeps them at the forefront of innovative patient care.
Getting a second opinion from world-class experts can be a vital part of making a decision about your health care or that of a loved one. Through our digital health services, you can receive a written second opinion via our secure online portal without leaving your home.
We've made this possible through NewYork-Presbyterian's partnership with Included Health, a care team that will help you every step of the way. The entire process takes no more than 5 business days once your medical records and test results have been gathered. See a sample second opinion report
Feel confident with the benefits of a digital second opinion:
- Save time and energy. With our digital second opinion, you save the many weeks it can take to get an in-person appointment with a specialist, as well as the energy you spend organizing travel and accommodations in New York City.
- Get world-class opinions in 5 business days. Our highly detailed, personalized, and timely analysis means you and your physician can make crucial, next-step decisions much sooner.
- We do all the legwork. Included Health will gather all of your relevant medical records and test results.
- No additional testing is necessary. Because our renowned pathologists and radiologists review your case alongside your assigned specialist, it is unlikely you will need to go through any additional testing.
You can get your digital second opinion for $800 without insurance — less than the total expense of the airfare, hotel, meals, and incidentals needed for an in-person appointment in New York City. Visit our FAQ's page for more information and details on what the fee covers.
Our Approach to Care
How Digital Second Opinions Work
Step 1: Sign up and tell us your story. What you'll need to provide:
- Information about yourself or your loved one, such as demographic details and specifics about the medical condition. You will also be able to write to the specialist about why you or your loved one is seeking a second opinion.
- Up to 5 questions you would like answered by the expert specialist about your case.
- A credit card to pay the fee of $800.
- A list of the local doctors whom Included Health should contact to obtain your relevant medical records, as well as their contact information.
Step 2: Included Health gathers your records for our experts to review.
An Included Health care coordinator will be assigned to your case, calling you to go over the process step by step. Included Health then gathers your medical records and sends them securely to the appropriate ColumbiaDoctors or Weill Cornell Medicine specialist for your condition. That specialist will then review your case and provide a detailed opinion, along with his or her professional and educational background.
Step 3: Receive your second opinion.
You and your local physician will be notified by email to log in to your account and access the second opinion. You can then review this information with your doctor to make an informed decision regarding next steps. Included Health will also follow up with you to answer any questions you might have. Should you want an in-person appointment with your NewYork-Presbyterian specialist, Included Health can assist in scheduling a visit. Please note that this in-person appointment is separate from the cost and process of your second opinion report.
Need more information? Contact our partner Included Health at 1-800-391-6920 between 9am and 9pm EST.