The Pulmonary Medicine, Critical Care Medicine, and Allergy and Immunology team at NewYork-Presbyterian specializes in diagnosing and treating a wide range of respiratory disorders, critical illnesses, and allergic conditions in adults. As one of the top ranked pulmonary disease programs in the country, we provide comprehensive care to patients with the entire spectrum of lung disease—ranging from outpatient to critically ill inpatients.
We provide patients with the latest diagnostic and therapeutic treatments for a wide range of pulmonary disorders, allergic conditions, and critical illnesses. With several specialized pulmonary centers, we treat conditions that affect the lungs, but also the muscles, nerves, bones or tissues that support breathing. Our experts closely collaborate with colleagues in other disciplines such as thoracic surgery, radiology, rehabilitation medicine, and rheumatology to provide integrated, multidisciplinary care. We treat conditions including, but not limited to:
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS): A life-threatening condition involving fluid buildup in the air sacs of the lungs, causing breathing to be difficult or impossible. Read more »
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD): A group of diseases including emphysema that causes inflammation and thickening of the lung tissue, limiting airflow in and out of the lungs. Read more »
- Cystic Fibrosis: A progressive genetic disease that causes inflammation of the lung membranes, leading to increased mucus secretion, persistent infections, and eventually bronchiectasis. Read more »
- Emphysema: Damaged air sacs in the lungs lose elasticity, reducing oxygen absorption and making breathing difficult. Read more »
- Interstitial Lung Disease and Pulmonary Fibrosis: a group of disorders that cause persistent scaring of the lungs, causing lung stiffness and difficulty breathing. Read more »
- Pulmonary Embolic Disease: A blockage, usually from a blood clot, prevents oxygen from reaching sections of the lung, causing shortness of breath and chest pain. Read more »
- Pulmonary Hypertension: Abnormally high blood pressure in the arteries of the lungs. Read more »
- Additionally, our highly skilled experts also treat patients with Asthma, Atypical Mycobacterial Infection, Chronic Lung Disease, Diaphragm paralysis and weakness, Diaphragm eventration, Diaphragmatic hernias, GERD, Lung Cancer, Mesothelioma, Myasthenia Gravis, Pectus Excavatum, Pleural Effusion, Pneumonia, SARS-2-CoV-2, and Thoracic Outlet Syndrome.
All NewYork-Presbyterian Pulmonologists, Critical Care physicians, Allergists and Immunologists are affiliated with the highly regarded Columbia University or Weill Cornell Medicine faculty practices. With our academic partners, we are able to offer patients world-class care and access to novel clinical trials.
Standardizing Care Across the Region
NewYork-Presbyterian offers pulmonary evaluations and consultations at several locations throughout the region.