Why Choose Us
Doctors Available 7 Days a Week – Virtually
Get a quick diagnosis and treatment plan without the wait. Either online, or by downloading the NYP Connect app, you can speak directly with a Columbia or Weill Cornell Medicine expert.
NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital is also ranked #7 in the nation and #1 in New York by U.S. News & World Report (2021-2022).
Benefits of Virtual Urgent Care
Open 7 days a week;
Prescription (if needed) sent right to your pharmacy
Visit with an adult or pediatric board-certified Emergency Medicine physician
Services & Specialties
For Life’s Minor Illnesses & Injuries
Cold & Flu
- COVID-19 concerns
- Ear pain
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sinus infection
- Sore throat
- Bug bites
- Athlete's foot
- Diaper rash
- Dry skin & eczema
- Poison ivy/oak
- Rashes & hives
- Eye infection
- Eye irritation
- Nausea/upset stomach
- Abnormal movements
- Seasonal allergies
- Chest congestion
Body Aches & Pains (without fever)
- Arm or leg pains
- Back pain
- General body aches
- Joint pains
Feeding or Sleeping Issues (Pediatrics)
- Breastfeeding problems
- Fussiness or crying a lot
- Refusing to eat
- Spitting up
Genital or Urinary
- Blood in urine
- Pain with urination
- Scrotal pain or swelling
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Urinary tract/bladder infections
- Vaginal or penile discharge/itching
- Yeast infection
- Help with specialist appointment
- Missed appointments/can’t reach primary care physician
- Prescription issues
- Work note/school note request
Our Approach to Care
How does Virtual Urgent Care work?
- Download the NYP Connect app and the Zoom Cloud Meetings app (both available on iOS and Android devices)
- Launch the NYP Connect app and follow the steps to enter your symptoms and information and then connect with one our experts
- Receive an immediate evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment plan from our doctors
- Your insurance plan may cover the cost of a Virtual Urgent Care visit for you or your child. We ask that you verify you have telemedicine coverage as part of your plan.
- For plans we accept, your copay, co-insurance, deductibles, and all other procedures or treatment not covered by your insurance plan are your responsibility and will be billed directly to you.
Insurance is not required to connect with our doctors. You have the option to self-pay for this service by using one of the following:
- Credit Card
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Card
- Health Spending Account (HSA) Card
How to Have a Better Virtual Healthcare Visit
A telemedicine expert offers tips for a successful online visit with a doctor.
Emergency Department vs. Urgent Care: Which one is right for you?
You know you should see a doctor as soon as possible, but where should you go? Do you visit your local emergency department (ED)? Or head to the nearest urgent care center?
Frequently Asked Questions about Virtual Urgent Care
How can I get started? When can I use this service? These are other frequently asked questions about Virtual Urgent Care.