Why Choose Us
Virtual Urgent Care Available 7 Days a Week
Virtual Urgent Care is a video appointment with a board-certified Columbia or Weill Cornell doctor that takes place through your phone, tablet, or computer. A Virtual Urgent Care visit is useful when you have a non-life-threatening medical concern that needs urgent attention.
We accept most insurance plans.
Virtual Urgent Care is available to:
- Individuals ages 18+: New York, New Jersey
- 18 years or younger: New York
Benefits of Virtual Urgent Care
Virtual urgent care is available 7 days a week from 8am to midnight
Appointment with a board-certified doctor through a phone, tablet, or computer
Prescriptions, if needed, are sent directly to your pharmacy
Conditions We Treat
Virtual Urgent Care is useful when you have a medical concern that needs attention, but it is not replacing emergency care for a life-threatening situation such as major bleeding, heart attack, or stroke or routine in-person care.
Conditions that are treated virtually include:
Body Aches & Pains (without fever)
- Arm or leg pains
- Back pain
- General body aches
- Joint pains
Cold & Flu
- COVID-19 concerns
- Ear pain
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Sinus infection
- Sore throat
- Eye infection
- Eye irritation
- Nausea/upset stomach
Genital or Urinary
- Blood in urine
- Pain with urination
- Scrotal pain or swelling
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Urinary tract/bladder infections
- Vaginal or penile discharge/itching
- Yeast infection
- Abnormal movements
- Seasonal allergies
- Chest congestion
- Bug bites
- Athlete's foot
- Diaper rash
- Dry skin & eczema
- Poison ivy/oak
- Rashes & hives
Pediatrics – newborns and infants feeding or sleeping concerns
- Breastfeeding problems
- Fussiness or crying a lot
- Refusing to eat
- Spitting up
How to Schedule an Online Urgent Care Video Visit
To schedule your Virtual Urgent Care appointment on your mobile or tablet, you must download and install the NYP Connect app. Then, follow the steps to schedule the virtual urgent care appointment.
If a person is having Virtual Urgent Care with a pediatrician for their child, the child will need to have their own Connect account. A child cannot be seen via his or her parents’ Connect account.
For desktop access, please login through the link, hit Sign Up (No Activation Code), and follow a similar workflow to schedule an appointment.
If you have technical issues or questions, please call 646-962-4200 for assistance.
To schedule your appointment via the NYP Connect app on your smartphone or on a desktop, please follow these steps.
- Launch the NYP Connect app and select Virtual Urgent Care (on desktop once signed into Connect, click on Menu and under "Find Care" section select "Virtual Urgent Care with Emergency Physicians")
- Follow the steps to schedule the appointment including selecting the doctor and appointment time, and entering the patient’s information and symptoms
- Schedule the appointment
- Log on about 15 minutes before your appointment and complete the eCheck-in process
- Start your virtual appointment with the doctor
- Receive the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment plan from the doctor you spoke with
Pediatric Virtual Urgent Care
Pediatric Virtual Urgent Care is helpful for common medical conditions in children that don’t require emergency care, such as a cold, cough, fever, stomachache, and other medical issues. Many sick children can be better served if the pediatric emergency medicine physician sees them from their home, where they are more comfortable. The pediatrician will refer the child to a specialist if further care is needed.
Payment Options for Online Urgent Care
- Your insurance plan may cover the cost of a Virtual Urgent Care visit for you or your child. We ask that you verify you have telemedicine coverage as part of your plan.
- For plans we accept, your copay, co-insurance, deductibles, and all other procedures or treatment not covered by your insurance plan are your responsibility and will be billed directly to you.
Insurance is not required to connect with our doctors. You have the option to self-pay for this service by using one of the following:
- Credit Card
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Card
- Health Spending Account (HSA) Card
- Common questions about the virtual urgent care service are answered on the Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Click to learn more about virtual care and how it works
- If you have technical issues or questions about downloading the NYP Connect app or scheduling your appointment, please call 646-962-4200.
Download the NYP Connect App
NYP Connect allows you to connect digitally with your care team, review your medical records, and much more. You can schedule video visits, request prescription refills, manage your appointments, check in before appointments, access test results, and manage your bills.
How to Have a Better Virtual Healthcare Visit
A telemedicine expert offers tips for a successful online visit with a doctor.
Emergency Department vs. Urgent Care: Which one is right for you?
You know you should see a doctor as soon as possible, but where should you go? Do you visit your local emergency department (ED)? Or head to the nearest urgent care center?
Frequently Asked Questions about Virtual Urgent Care
How can I get started? When can I use this service? These are other frequently asked questions about Virtual Urgent Care.
Schedule a Virtual Urgent Care Appointment at NewYork-Presbyterian
At NewYork-Presbyterian virtual urgent care appointments are available seven days a week. Save time and see a doctor through your phone, tablet, or computer, from your home or wherever you are at a time that works for you. Tell the doctor about your medical concern and symptoms and receive a diagnosis and a treatment plan without the wait.
Download the NYP Connect app and schedule an appointment for a virtual urgent care appointment.