NewYork-Presbyterian has two Centers on Aging:
- Irving Sherwood Wright Center on Aging located near NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell on Manhattan's Upper East Side
- Department of Geriatric Medicine and Aging located at NewYork-Presbyterian/The Allen Hospital in the Inwood section of Manhattan
The Centers are staffed by physicians, nurses, and other caregivers who specialize in treating older adults. They also help facilitate care with specialists in other departments.
HealthOutreach® is a free membership program for people 60 years of age and older that provides a centralized resource to access hospital and community programs. Learn more.
Links to organizations that may be helpful to older adults and their families.
- National Institute on Aging
- Dept. of Health and Human Services Administration on Aging
- National Center on Physical Activity and Disability
- National Council on Aging
- American Federation for Aging Research
- Benefits Checkup
- National Library of Medicine: Medline Plus
NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital
Geriatric Medicine & Aging
NewYork-Presbyterian/ Weill Cornell Medical Center
The Irving Sherwood Wright Center on Aging