Cardiac Catheterization Laboratory
The cardiac catheterization laboratory at New York-Presbyterian Queens is the centerpiece of our cardiovascular program providing the most comprehensive interventional cardiology service in Queens provides a broad range of catheter-based diagnostic and therapeutic procedural services.
NYP Queens cardiac catheterization lab team provides diagnostic and interventional procedures for coronary artery disease, peripheral vascular disease, and 24/7 emergency treatment for heart attack patients. It was awarded the Mission: Lifeline® Gold Award by the American Heart Association (AHA) for outstanding speed and outcomes of treatment for patients experiencing a heart attack.
Cardiac Catheterization Lab Procedures:
- Diagnostic coronary and peripheral arterial angiograms
- Percutaneous coronary and peripheral interventions (angioplasty and stenting)
- Advanced interventional techniques with laser, orbital or rotational atherectomy
- Advanced intravascular imaging modalities, such as intravascular ultrasound (IVUS) optical coherence tomography (OCT),
- Advanced mechanical circulatory support with intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) and percutaneous left ventricular assist device (Impella)
- Renal artery angiography and intervention
- Invasive hemodynamics including left and right heart catheterization
- Catheter-directed thrombolysis for acute pulmonary embolism
- Pericardiocentesis and tube pericardiostomy for cardiac tamponade
- Endomyocardial biopsy
- Percutaneous closure of patent foramen ovale (PFO) / atrial septal defects (ASD)
- Percutaneous alcohol septal ablation for hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM)
NYP Queens cardiac catheterization laboratory is equipped with state-of-art Phillips medical imaging system. Our catheterization laboratory staff are experienced, well-trained and collaborate with other specialties closely, such as vascular surgery, interventional radiology, interventional neurology in providing professional technical supports and nursing care.
We are dedicated to provide our patients with the best, high-quality interventional cardiology care.
For any questions, request an appointment or making a referral, please call (718) 670-2641.