Welcome and thank you for choosing NewYork-Presbyterian Queens as the organization at which you would like to volunteer!
Each year, more than 1,000 men, women, and young adults from the Queens community provide volunteer service to NewYork-Presbyterian Queens. Our volunteers take pride in the high quality of service that they provide to our patients and staff. Join them in enjoying the rewards of personal growth and fulfillment as you:
- Explore career goals
- Interact with people
- Gain experience
- Meet educational requirements
- Help your community
- Perfect your skills
If you are energetic and dependable, and ready to join this exceptional group, please read the statements below.
- I am 16 years of age or older
- I live within the borough of Queens and/or work or attend school in Queens
- I can commit to a minimum of one 4-hour shift per week for a minimum of ten months
- I have a valid Social Security number or valid Student Identification number
- I have not been convicted of a felony
- My private physician will be able to complete a required medical form
Benefits of Being a Volunteer
In addition to the personal satisfaction of making a difference in the lives of others, volunteers receive:
- A complimentary meal on your day of service
- A letter of recommendation upon request at the completion of the minimum requirements
- Participation in our annual recognition ceremony
- Annual flu inoculation
- Limited use of our Health Education Library
- Free parking and shuttle service to and from the medical center on day of service
- Ability to receive additional recognition by programs such as: Volunteer of the Month & Certificates of Excellence Awards
- Potential Nomination for The Annual United Hospital Fund Volunteer of the Year celebration
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at NewYork Presbyterian Queens.
Due to the large volume of applicants we cannot accept all applications. You will be notified within two weeks of your submission.