Your Safety is Important to Us
We all have been through a lot these past few months during the COVID-19 pandemic. While many things have changed in the world, you can count on us: the physicians and clinical care teams of Columbia, Weill Cornell Medicine, and NewYork-Presbyterian are here for you now and always.
We’ve seen a positive response from patients to our video visits. These will continue to be available. Video visits for primary care and all specialty areas are ideal for many patients, including children and family members. In the safety and convenience of your home, you will be able to get answers to your medical questions. You can also have follow-up visits and receive second opinions, among other services. Even new patients can see our physicians through video visits. Just call us to schedule an appointment, and we can help determine if you need an in-person or video visit.
We want you to feel confident about returning for your next in-person appointment. We have expanded safety measures, and, in many respects your patient experience will be more comfortable, modern, and efficient than ever before.
We made a number of changes to protect you and our care teams. For example:
- Checking in Before You Arrive: In all of our locations, we will have a streamlined check-in process. Before you arrive, forms and co-pays can be processed remotely. Where possible, you will skip the front desk, avoid unnecessary time in the waiting room and proceed directly to the exam room.
- Screening at Welcome Stations: Upon arrival, patients will be provided with a mask. In addition to pre-screening for COVID-19 symptoms before you arrive, you will be screened upon your arrival.
- Staff and Patient Protection: Our care teams follow CDC guidelines, have the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and wear it at all times. We have also established screening and testing protocols for our care teams.
- Disinfection and Cleaning: Our locations are repeatedly and thoroughly sanitized throughout each day. Exam rooms are cleaned extensively between patient visits.
- Visitors: For your safety, and the safety of our patients and staff, there are limitations on visitors. We will continue to follow the NYS Department of Health guidelines. Our visitor policy is available on our website.
We will continue to focus on delivering care at the highest safety standards. We remain dedicated to serving our patients and communities. From all of us at Columbia, Weill Cornell Medicine, and NewYork-Presbyterian, thank you for trusting us with your care. Be well, stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
COVID-19 Hotline: 646-697-4000
Thank you for choosing NewYork-Presbyterian Queens for your care. Our staff is dedicated to providing you and your family with high quality, compassionate care in a friendly and respectful environment.
We understand that hospitalization can be overwhelming and have created this Patient & Visitor Information section to answer questions you may have about our services. It includes information about what you can expect during your stay here and what amenities are available to ensure your stay is as comfortable as possible. It also includes information about the extensive language services available to our patients.
If you still have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call your doctor or ask any member of our staff for additional information.
|Read a letter from our President about a new development|