Promoting pro-social behavior and a sense of community protects and enriches a child's social-emotional development. This is why T2U strives to promote pro-social behaviors and initiatives that foster a safe environment for learning and social-emotional development.
To heighten the school community's awareness of how to identify, address, and report bullying and enhance pro-social engagement.
- Increase students' understanding of bullying, how to address and prevent it
- Enhance staff's strategies in preventing, reducing, and addressing bullying
- Enhance and support evidence-based anti-bullying policies and procedures in the schools
- Enhance parental strategies to deter youth from engaging in bullying behaviors
- Enhance parental strategies to empower youth to stand up to bullies and report it
- Enhance parental strategies in encouraging pro-social engagement in school, home, and community (i.e., volunteering in school/community)
With the help of the student government, we engage students in monthly anti-bullying/pro-social activities (rallies, poster/essay contests, classroom team building activities). We deliver in-class workshops followed by monthly activities to engage students to better deter them from engaging in bullying behaviors. We emphasize understanding the root causes of bullying and moving away from disciplinary approaches to address it.
“The way I use pride to take a stand against bullying is by respect and standing up for others who have been bullied and gone through this process.”
- 5th grader in Student Government