School Personnel Support
We deliver services to all school personnel (from administrators, school aides to teachers) a series of psycho-educational workshops, grade-specific meetings, 1:1 consultations (as needed) and monthly wellness activities. These services strengthen mental health literacy training and promote adult self-care so staff is better equipped to foster social/emotional development and academic success in our youth.
All personnel are provided trainings on:
- Common school-aged mental health disorders, symptoms in the classrooms/cafeteria, and available services
- Referral policies and procedures to improve familiarity and confidence referring students displaying mental health symptoms
- Trauma-informed classroom strategies to manage behaviors and reduce stress in students
- Bullying awareness and how to prevent it
- Healthy lifestyle practices aimed to boost adult performance & well-being
- De-stigmatizing mental health-related issues
- Stress management strategies for adult self-care and how to model self-care for children
Child Study Team
What is the Child Study Team?
Typically, schools have a multi-disciplinary team that meets regularly to discuss the needs of students who are experiencing academic, behavioral, and social-emotional challenges commonly referred to as the Child Study Team (CST).
Turn 2 Us supports our school communities’ Child Study Team by:
- Screening for mental health symptoms and providing mental health referrals and linkages as needed
- Providing tools to streamline or support policies and procedures related to identifying, referring, and following up with students with mental health needs
- Increasing linkages between school mental health agencies and families to ensure that identified mental health needs are being met
- Providing strategies to increase caregivers’ and school personnel’s help-seeking behavior on behalf of students and family members