Foot and Ankle
Take Your Best Step Forward
Think about all that your feet do for you each day. So when your feet aren't feeling well, you aren't either. The foot and ankle specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester (formerly Lawrence Hospital) carefully evaluate how you're feeling and moving, and put together a plan of care just for you that helps you take that first step toward recovery. We find that we can treat many people effectively without an operation. Our care features:
Exceptional Experience: Our foot and ankle specialists treat people with all types of disorders and injuries, from the most common and easily treated to the most complex and challenging.
Conservative Care Before Surgery: First, we try nonsurgical treatments to relieve your pain and improve your function. We may prescribe custom shoe inserts (orthotics) to ease your discomfort and provide stability.
Extraordinary Surgical Experience: If you need surgery, you'll benefit from a team with superior experience. Our surgeons regularly treat people with fractures, bunions, arthritis, and other musculoskeletal problems affecting the foot and ankle.
Treatments and Procedures
Your foot and ankle care at NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester (formerly Lawrence Hospital) may include one or more of these treatments:
Non-Operative Management: Orthotics & Bracing
- We have expertise designing and making prescription orthotics, which we use to treat many problems of the feet and ankles as well as the knees, hips, and lower back.
- Orthotics can help provide you with stability and better alignment, resulting in more efficient, pain-free movement.
- We design sport-specific orthotics to improve athletic performance and reduce the risk of sports-related injuries.
- Our foot and ankle surgeons have experience treating all types of traumatic foot and ankle injuries – from simple tendon injuries and fractures to complex joint reconstructions.
- Our goal is to stabilize the foot or ankle while minimizing soft tissue damage, maintaining mobility, and ensuring fast and full recovery.
- We also perform surgery to correct chronic and degenerative conditions, including: bunion surgery, limb realignment, total ankle replacement, correction of foot and ankle deformities, and repair and reconstruction of ligaments and tendons.