Center Overview 2013-2016
While we treat some of the most complex cases, our outcomes are well above established national benchmarks.
It has been demonstrated that improved clinical outcomes are closely linked to centers with high surgical volumes. As a center’s activity increases, cardiothoracic surgeons, cardiologists, anesthesiologists, critical care specialists, nurses, perfusionists and other cardiac team members become more experienced caring for patients with congenital heart disease.
Our outcomes are 35% better than national benchmarks.
Our average hospital mortality for the most complex neonatal procedures was 11.9% compared to 17.0% globally
- We Perform More Than 750 Pediatric and Adult Congenital Heart Surgeries
- We Perform More Than 1,300 Pediatric Cardiac Catheterization Procedures Annually
- Experience & Expertise Translate to Better Outcomes
- Dedicated Pediatric Catheterization Laboratory
- Minimally Invasive or Hybrid Options
- Center for Single Ventricle Care
- 3-D Printed Heart Models Give Surgeons Vital Information About a Heart’s Anatomy
- One of the Nation’s Largest Heart Transplant Programs
- Prenatal Diagnosis and Intervention
- Only Dedicated Infant Cardiac Intensive Care Unit in the United States
- Metropolitan New York’s First & Largest Adult Congenital Heart Program
- Emphasis on Patient Safety & Quality
- Pioneers in Research