While we treat some of the most complex cases, our survival rates surpass the national average, with children routinely returning to normal levels of activity and living into adulthood. The observed mortality is lower than expected, given the disease burden of our patients.
From left: Dr. Chai, Dr. Kalfa, Dr. Bacha, and Dr. LaPar
Our pediatric surgeons perform more than 750 surgeries for congenital heart disease every year and offer the best possible surgical outcomes. Our participation in the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS) congenital heart surgery database allows us to compare our performance with other pediatric and adult congenital heart surgery programs throughout the country.
- Neonatal Cardiac Surgery < 30 Days
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Atrial Septal Defect Repair (ASD)
- Ventricular Septal Defect Repair (VSD)
- Atrioventricular Canal Defect (AV Canal)
- Aortic Valve/Ross Procedure
- Valve Repair
- Transcatheter Pulmonary Valve Replacement
- Pediatric Transplant & Mechanical Assist Devices
- Adult Congenital Heart Surgery