What is Body Contouring?
Body contouring is a surgical option used to help adjust the body’s shape, especially concerning fat reduction and excess skin following weight loss.
All surgical treatments at NewYork Presbyterian are designed to meet your individual needs and aesthetic wishes. Our plastic and reconstructive surgeons are highly skilled and able to help you achieve the natural appearance you want.
Our team prioritizes your comfort at every step in the process. Before your surgery, you will have time to ask your doctor questions so that you feel comfortable with the procedure. In state-of-the-art surgical suites, our surgeons use the latest anesthetics and medications that help you recover more quickly and heal faster. After the surgery, our care team will manage your pain with medication and teach you how to care for yourself as you heal and recover.
Types of Body Contouring
- Abdominoplasty: This procedure is commonly known as a “tummy tuck.” Excess skin and fat are removed from around the abdomen. The procedure can include tightening the abdominal muscles or liposuction (fat removal).
- Liposuction: This technique removes fat from any area of the body using catheters (small tubes) with suction.
- Brachioplasty: This procedure is commonly known as an “arm lift.” Excess skin is removed from one or both arms.
- Thigh or buttock lift: Excess skin and fat are removed from the inner thighs or buttocks.
- Radiofrequency skin tightening: This non-invasive procedure uses energy waves to heat the dermis (the deep layer of your skin), stimulating collagen production. Radiofrequency skin tightening can be used for your neck, arms, legs or abdomen.
- FDA-approved weight loss therapies: Our surgeons can discuss FDA-approved weight loss therapies, including the Obalon Balloon System, a swallowable balloon that facilitates weight loss by taking up space in your stomach so that you eat less.
Body Contouring at NewYork-Presbyterian
Whether you visit us virtually through a video visit or see us in person, you can be assured that we will deliver the highest standards of care with compassion. Our team has taken every step to keep our facilities safe for you to continue your care. Call to make an appointment today.