Your Safety is Important to Us
We all have been through a lot these past few months during the COVID-19 pandemic. While many things have changed in the world, you can count on us: the physicians and clinical care teams of the NewYork-Presbyterian medical groups are here for you now and always.
We’ve seen a positive response from patients to our video visits. These will continue to be available. Video visits for primary care and all specialty areas are ideal for many patients, including children and family members. In the safety and convenience of your home, you will be able to get answers to your medical questions. You can also have follow-up visits and receive second opinions, among other services. Even new patients can see our physicians through video visits. Just call us to schedule an appointment, and we can help determine if you need an in-person or video visit.
We want you to feel confident about returning for your next in-person appointment. We have expanded safety measures, and, in many respects your patient experience will be more comfortable, modern, and efficient than ever before.
We made a number of changes to protect you and our care teams. For example:
- Checking in Before You Arrive: In all of our locations, we will have a streamlined check-in process. Before you arrive, forms and co-pays can be processed remotely. Where possible, you will skip the front desk, avoid unnecessary time in the waiting room and proceed directly to the exam room.
- Screening at Welcome Stations: Please wear a mask to your appointment; if you arrive without a mask, one will be provided. You will be prescreened for Covid-19 by answering a questionnaire in advance of your appointment; we will take your temperature upon arrival.
- Staff and Patient Protection: Our care teams follow CDC guidelines, have the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and wear it at all times. We have also established screening and testing protocols for our care teams.
- Disinfection and Cleaning: Our locations are repeatedly and thoroughly sanitized throughout each day. Exam rooms are cleaned extensively between patient visits.
- Visitors: At this time, visitors are not permitted to accompany adult patients to an appointment unless assistance is required due to special circumstances. Please call the office in advance to make any special arrangements.
We will continue to focus on delivering care at the highest safety standards. We remain dedicated to serving our patients and communities. From all of us at Columbia, Weill Cornell Medicine, and NewYork-Presbyterian, thank you for trusting us with your care. Be well, stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Brooklyn offers the highest quality primary and specialty care throughout the borough of Brooklyn. In each of our locations, you will find highly skilled physicians and healthcare professionals, committed to providing the most comprehensive care available. We use the latest healthcare technology and electronic medical records system to make it easy for you to access and manage you and your family’s healthcare needs. Our physicians are affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital and our medical group network is seamlessly integrated with the world-class medical research, treatment and healing of NewYork-Presbyterian, in collaboration with Weill Cornell Medicine.
Thank you for trusting us with your care.
We offer locations in Bensonhurst, Borough Park, Brooklyn Heights, Crown Heights, Elmhurst, Far Rockaway, Flatlands, Park Slope, Prospect Heights, Sheepshead Bay, Staten Island, Sunset Park and Williamsburg. Please visit our locations page to learn more about the specialties, services and hours offered at each location.
Our affiliation with NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital provides our patients with easy and centralized access to the hospital's health care services, in addition to its events, classes, support groups and programs.
To learn more, visit the NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital website.
NewYork-Presbyterian has a long-standing policy to assist eligible patients who receive health care services at our hospital and are in need of financial aid, regardless of age, gender, race, national origin, socio-economic or immigrant status, sexual orientation or religious affiliation.