NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital
Sloane Hospital for Women
Why Choose Us
Advanced care for mother and baby from world-renowned Columbia doctors
NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center is widely recognized as one of the top obstetric programs in the world, delivering more than 4,000 babies every year. Our program provides comprehensive care for both mother and baby — from routine prenatal care to managing the most high-risk pregnancies, births, and postpartum care. Our nationally recognized physicians, nurses, and staff work together to provide patients with coordinated care to meet their individual needs.
- A state-of-the-art, family-friendly facility: The Carmen and John Thain Labor and Delivery Unit at Sloane Hospital for Women, located within the NewYork-Presbyterian’s Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital, offers a comfortable, family-oriented setting for you and your family to welcome your new baby. Our ten birthing suites are single rooms equipped with a multi-position birthing bed and fetal monitoring equipment. We also have several high-risk rooms that can provide acute and critical care before, during, and after birth for complex cases.
- Advanced care for high-risk pregnancies: Our programs at the Center for Prenatal Pediatrics, the Mothers Center, and the Preterm Birth Prevention Center offer individualized care for mothers-to-be with high-risk health conditions or obstetric complications such as multiple pregnancies, fetal abnormalities, placental complications, or increased risk of preterm birth.
- Leading neonatal and pediatric care: The neonatal intensive care units (NICUs) at NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital are located near the labor and delivery unit. NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanely is part of New York’s No. 1 Children’s Hospital and our neonatology program is ranked a top 10 program in the country according to U.S. News and World Report. Pediatric medical and surgical subspecialists are readily available for consultation and treatment. Our infant cardiac unit, the first of its kind in the nation, uses the most advanced technology to support infants with heart disease.
- Convenient care locations: Our obstetricians practice at several convenient locations in Manhattan and Westchester, making your prenatal care and childbirth education convenient and easily accessible. See a full list of Columbia obstetric practices at https://www.columbiaobgyn.org/our-locations.
Our experienced and highly trained team is comprised of physicians, advanced practice providers, nurses, and staff who provide expert and compassionate care for mothers having routine deliveries and those with high-risk pregnancies with complex needs.
Our nursing staff is always present on all of our obstetrics units, including the labor and delivery unit, the antepartum and postpartum units, the well-baby nurseries, and the NICUs. Our team strives to provide a sensitive, safe, and healing environment that promotes comfort, respect, and privacy for you and your baby.
Services & Specialties
Providing Evidence-Based Medicine
Sloane Hospital for Women is committed to providing a nurturing environment for women, their birth partners, and their babies. Using evidence-based medicine, we provide a suite of services to you and your loved ones, including:
- Prenatal Care
- Genetic Counseling
- Ultrasound & Prenatal Diagnosis
- High-Risk Pregnancy Care
- Labor & Delivery
- Neonatal Intensive Care & Neonatology
- Postpartum Care & Lactation Counseling