NewYork-Presbyterian is an active member of the communities we serve. For years, our Emergency Medical Service (EMS) has provided basic life support and advanced life support medical services during several community events including the Avon 39 Walk to End Breast Cancer, AIDS Walk New York, and NYC Pride.
NewYork-Presbyterian EMS units are available for:
- Sporting events (such as marathons and bike tours)
- Non-Profit and private, corporate and celebrity events
- Community events
- Fundraisers and related participant walks, races and challenges
- Large public entertainment events (such as concerts, festivals) in Central Park
The American Heart Association (AHA) recognizes NewYork-Presbyterian as a Community Training Center. Our Emergency Medical Services is one of the largest training centers in New York State. We provide regularly scheduled Basic Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and other specialized training programs to our hospital staff and volunteers, corporations, and community organizations. Our instructors are certified by the AHA, New York State Department of Health, The National Association of Emergency Medical Technicians(NAEMT), and the Regional Emergency Medical Services Council of New York City. All courses meet AHA, NAEMT, and Council standards and requirements.
Each presentation is structured to provide valuable pre-planning and preparedness information, safety checks and guidance in training and compliance with policies and regulations, and certification and recertification.
Ambulance Charters for the Production Industry
NewYork-Presbyterian state-of-the-art ambulances and biomedical equipment can be chartered for:
- On-camera participation in film and television productions
- Pre-hospital critical care services
- On-site, filming location First-Aid, Basic Life Support, Advanced Life Support