New Visitation Guidelines Effective Friday, January 8
In light of ongoing developments with the COVID-19 crisis, we continually evaluate the actions needed to help protect our staff, patients and other visitors. At this time, we have modified our visitation policy, effective Friday, January 8, 2021.
The updated guidelines include the following changes:
Adult Inpatient and Behavioral Health Visitation
- At this time, general visitation for adult patients at NYP Queens is temporarily suspended.
- Exceptions are made by our clinical team when it is medically necessary for a patient's wellbeing, such as for patients who are imminently dying or have cognitive impairment, intellectual disability, or developmental delay.
Also, please note per previous guidelines:
- The temporary suspension of visitation for adult patients while they are in the ED remains in effect.
- Only one caregiver/support person per pediatric patient is allowed in the Pediatric ED – parent or caregiver only. Please speak with the patient's clinical team if the patient requires additional assistance.
- Hospital staff will remain in close contact with visitors throughout this time.
For more details, please carefully review the General Visitation Guidelines. These guidelines are effective Friday, January 8, across the enterprise and supersede the previously released guidelines.