To activate your in-room telephone, dial 1014 on any hospital phone. There is a daily charge for telephone service. Payments can be made daily or in advance. Cell phones frequencies may interfere or cause malfunction to certain medical equipment. Please restrict cell phone to use in the main lobby, cafeteria or waiting areas.
To activate your in-room television, dial 1014 on any hospital phone. There is a daily charge for television service. Payments can be made daily or in advance.
- Television programming includes cable channels, as well as Spanish, Chinese and Korean programming.
- Special closed-circuit education and religious programs are provided by the hospital free of charge.
- A special channel, CARE (Continuous Ambient Relaxation Environment), is available on a 24-hour basis. This channel provides beautiful nature images and instrumental music that has been composed and produced specifically to support healing environments.
Housekeepers come to your room throughout the day to remove trash and clean up the room.
- Do you have a question or request for the room cleaning service? Please call 718-670-7699.
Patient Library Cart
We have used books for your reading enjoyment.
- To request reading materials please dial 1125 on any hospital phone from Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
While we recommend that your mail be sent to your home, we will deliver mail to your room.
- In order to help ensure the delivery of your mail, remind your family and friends to include your room number when they address cards and letters to you.
- The hospital address: NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, 56-45 Main Street, Flushing, NY 11355.
The Gift Shop has a variety of newspapers (in several languages), magazines, candy, small gift items, health and beauty aids, and other items for sale.
- Gift Shop hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- If you would like an item delivered to your room, dial 1125 on any hospital phone.
ATM (Automated Teller Machine)
The hospital offers the use of a 24-hour ATM on the first floor of the hospital located near the Blue Elevators.
Baby Photo Service
Prior to leaving the hospital, new mothers are given the opportunity to have their newborn babies photographed by a hospital volunteer. Photographs can be purchased by check, credit card or cash, and are sent to the patient’s home within 10 days.
Health Education Library
The Health Education Library, which contains 500 medical and nursing journal titles and 10,000 monographs and bound volumes, is open to patients and their families through the referral of our patient advocates or any member of the NYP Queens health care team.
Hours of operation are:
Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. – 9 p.m
Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Sunday 9 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
For additional information, call (718) 670-1118.
Parking is available 24 hours a day in the pay parking lot across the street from the hospital at 139-24 Booth Memorial between Main Street and 141 Street.