We believe wellness is essential to living a full and productive life. To achieve wellness, one must develop and maintain skills and strategies to help prevent illness, speed recovery and support healthful living. At the Center, we augment our evidence-based mental health therapies with a wide range of evidence-based mind/body modalities that include yoga, meditation, nutrition support and exercise programs to help you achieve lifetime wellness.
Since its inception in 2009, our Wellness program has received recognition from national psychological organizations for our efforts in integrating wellness into the lives of service members. The NY National Guard and several NYC veteran organizations have utilized our Wellness curriculum. The privilege of working closely with Guard forces and veterans has allowed us to continue to refine our wellness services to meet the unique needs of service members and their families.
Our Wellness program provides a variety of services, including:
- Nutrition and Healthy Diet Counseling: Our nutrition experts help you learn how to nourish your body for optimal performance and lifelong health.
- Yoga Training: Our yoga practitioners introduce you to basic yoga and yoga breathing techniques and its role in stress reduction.
- Virtual Reality-Assisted Mindfulness Training: Utilizing cutting-edge Virtual Reality technology, you will learn the tenants of guided imagery, diagrammatic breathing and meditation.
- Healthful Sleep Habits: Our sleep experts teach you the importance of sleep and how to improve the quality of your sleep.
- Workforce Readiness: Job coaches discuss how to adapt your military skills to civilian settings and provide resume writing and interviewing skills.
- Financial Wellness: Our financial experts discuss budgeting, “good” and “bad” debt, and how to save for retirement.