After the coronavirus spread across New York, many people were afraid to go to an emergency room. You should be fully confident that NewYork-Presbyterian’s emergency rooms are safe for you and your family.
Your Safety is Important to Us
We have all been through a lot this year during the COVID-19 pandemic. While many things have changed in the world, you can count on us: the physicians and clinical care teams at NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital are here for you now and always.
We want you to feel confident about returning to NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley and NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Hudson Valley offices for your next appointment. To that end, we have expanded safety measures, which in many respects will improve your patient experience, making it more comfortable, modern, and efficient than ever before.
Our safety measures include:
- Checking in Before You Arrive: At our hospital and medical group locations, we have a streamlined check-in process. Before you arrive, forms and co-pays can be processed remotely. Where possible, you will skip the front desk, avoid unnecessary time in the waiting room and proceed directly to the exam room.
- Screening: All patients are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and provided with a mask upon arrival. For scheduled appointments, we also pre-screen patients for symptoms before they arrive.
- Staff and Patient Protection: Our care teams follow CDC guidelines, have the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and wear it at all times. We have also established screening and testing protocols for our care teams.
- Disinfection and Cleaning: Our locations are repeatedly and thoroughly sanitized throughout each day. Exam rooms are cleaned extensively between patient visits.
- Visitors: For your safety and the safety of our patients and staff, there are limitations on visitors. We will continue to follow the NYS Department of Health guidelines. Please see more here.
- Video Visits: To provide you with safe, convenient care, our physicians at NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Hudson Valley offer video visits for both new and existing patients. From the safety of your home, you can use a video visit for a wide-range of primary and specialty care needs, including follow-up visits, initial consultations, second opinions and more. Just call us to schedule an appointment, and we can help determine if you need an in-person or video visit. To find a NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group doctor, click here.
Working together with NewYork-Presbyterian, ranked No. 1 in New York and No. 4 in the nation, according to U.S. News and World Report, and Columbia University Irving Medical Center, we will continue to focus on delivering care at the highest safety standards and we remain dedicated to serving our patients and community. From all of us at NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital, we thank you for trusting us with your care. Be well, stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you soon.