Any unusual events, or instances of witnessed or suspected criminal or suspicious activity should be reported immediately to security. A Security Officer will take a report, usually in person. When necessary or appropriate, an investigator will follow up by interviewing witnesses and/or conduct a comprehensive search. The Security Department will interact with local law enforcement, or the District Attorney's office for certain criminal matters that are reported.
What incidents should be reported?
- Conduct, behavior, or language that is in any way potentially threatening, dangerous or harmful to patients, visitors, or staff
- A suspicious person, action or event
- Unauthorized personnel/activities
- Suspicious packages
- Presence or use of any illegal substances
- Missing equipment or property
- Found property
To report an incident, contact Security at the numbers listed below.