PHOTO IDENTIFICATION BADGES
All employees are required to display NewYork-Presbyterian photo identification while on Hospital premises. The card contains a photograph of the employee, job title and department as appropriate. The card must be:
- Visible for everyone to read
- Presented upon request
- Worn upon entering and exiting the medical complex
- Unadorned by buttons, pins, etc.
How to Get a Photo Identification Badge
New Hospital employees should have their pictures taken by Security during the pre-employment process. Identification cards are distributed to new employees during orientation, which is the first day of work.
Employees should visit Security at:
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center: Annex-139
- NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital: PH-1-31
- NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester Behavioral Health Center: Center Building, CO-20
Forgotten/Lost or Stolen
If a card is lost or damaged, employees must go to Security for a replacement identification card. If the employee is responsible, they will be charged a fee for the replacement.
If you have forgotten or lost your ID, you are required to:
- Display some form of ID at building entrances
- Display some form of ID on floors, if requested by security
- Report your missing ID Card to Security and immediately obtain a replacement.
Visitors to NewYork-Presbyterian
Personnel from temporary agencies receive a temporary, dated, identification card from Security.
How to Wear Your Photo Identification Badge
Photo identification cards must be worn with the picture facing forward in an obvious place between the neck and waist.