When you suffer from a digestive disorder such as stomach pain, heartburn, acid reflux, or diarrhea, it can impact your overall health and quality of life. At NewYork-Presbyterian Hudson Valley Hospital, our goal is to provide you with compassionate and comprehensive care that addresses your symptoms, fosters healing, and empowers you with knowledge and preventive strategies for lasting health and wellness.
Our experienced, board-certified gastroenterologists specialize in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of digestive disorders using the latest advanced diagnostic and treatment procedures. They collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of surgeons, nutritionists and other digestive specialists to develop a comprehensive plan of care that is tailored to your unique needs and lifestyle.
For people with gastrointestinal cancers, we work closely with a team of surgeons, including colon and rectal surgeons, medical oncologists, and radiation oncologists to ensure that each patient receives the most effective treatment available.
Conditions We Treat
- Acid reflux disease
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Colon polyps
- Gastrointestinal tumors
- Gastroesophageal reflux (GERD)
- Hepatitis C and other liver disorders
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Inflammatory bowel diseases (such as Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis)
- Liver disease
- Pancreatic cysts
- Stomach and intestinal ulcers
Services and Treatments
We offer an array of diagnostic services and treatments, including:
- Colonoscopy to examine the colon and rectum and part of small intestine
- Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) with Fine Needle Aspiration and Biopsy to diagnose, stage and treat esophageal, stomach, rectal, pancreatic and biliary cancers
- Endoscopic mucosal resection to diagnose and treat Barrett’s esophagus, remove early esophageal, gastric and rectal cancers,
- Esophagastroduodenscopy (EGD) to examine the lining of the esophagus, stomach, and first part of the small intestine
- Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) to diagnose and treat problems in the biliary and pancreatic ducts, clear blocked bile ducts of stones, insert stents to open blockages and perform biopsies.
- Cholangiopancreatoscopy (spyglass) to diagnose and treat conditions within the bile and pancreatic ducts.
- Esophageal pH monitoring to measure reflux of acid from the stomach
- Nonsurgical treatment of hemorrhoid
- Infusion therapy for inflammatory bowel disease