Areas of Focus
Our Team Members
- Addressing the health inequities of our employees
- Conducting antiracism and implicit bias research and training
Our Patients & Communities
- Understanding and addressing the health inequities that may be instilled in our clinical operations
- Ensuring that our telemedicine services eliminate inequities instead of furthering them
Local and National Policy
- Becoming an advocate for change in our local and national communities
- Promoting NewYork-Presbyterian’s ongoing work to improve the health of our communities through population health initiatives, workforce development, neighborhood revitalization, and education
Health Justice Domains
Clinical and Community Strategy and Program Development
The Dalio Center is collaborating with our medical school partners and Hospital operations to develop new institutional projects focused on improving the quality of and access to our care.
- Transplant Program
- Sickle Cell
- Vaccine Outreach
- Coordinate with NYP's Community Programs and Services
Education and Leadership
The Dalio Center is developing our future leaders with programming that emphasizes the role structural inequities play in our health.
Research and Implementation Science
The Dalio Center will connect research experts from various disciplines to engage in community-based research that will promote equity in healthcare for socially at-risk populations.
Data and Connection
The Dalio Center will develop a rich health equity database that will be used to identify differences in health outcomes, target new initiatives, and measure ongoing impact.
- Enterprise-wide Equity Database
- Development of a Health Equity Index
- We Ask Because We Care Campaign