High-quality health care close to home
Patients & Visitors
Your Safety is Important to Us
We all have been through a lot these past few months during the COVID-19 pandemic. While many things have changed in the world, you can count on us: the physicians and clinical care teams of Columbia, Weill Cornell Medicine, and NewYork-Presbyterian are here for you now and always.
We’ve seen a positive response from patients to our video visits. These will continue to be available. Video visits for primary care and all specialty areas are ideal for many patients, including children and family members. In the safety and convenience of your home, you will be able to get answers to your medical questions. You can also have follow-up visits and receive second opinions, among other services. Even new patients can see our physicians through video visits. Just call us to schedule an appointment, and we can help determine if you need an in-person or video visit.
We want you to feel confident about returning for your next in-person appointment. We have expanded safety measures, and, in many respects your patient experience will be more comfortable, modern, and efficient than ever before.
We made a number of changes to protect you and our care teams. For example:
- Checking in Before You Arrive: In all of our locations, we will have a streamlined check-in process. Before you arrive, forms and co-pays can be processed remotely. Where possible, you will skip the front desk, avoid unnecessary time in the waiting room and proceed directly to the exam room.
- Screening at Welcome Stations: Upon arrival, patients will be provided with a mask. In addition to pre-screening for COVID-19 symptoms before you arrive, you will be screened upon your arrival.
- Staff and Patient Protection: Our care teams follow CDC guidelines, have the proper personal protective equipment (PPE) and wear it at all times. We have also established screening and testing protocols for our care teams.
- Disinfection and Cleaning: Our locations are repeatedly and thoroughly sanitized throughout each day. Exam rooms are cleaned extensively between patient visits.
- Visitors: For your safety, and the safety of our patients and staff, there are limitations on visitors. We will continue to follow the NYS Department of Health guidelines. Our visitor policy is available on our website.
We will continue to focus on delivering care at the highest safety standards. We remain dedicated to serving our patients and communities. From all of us at Columbia, Weill Cornell Medicine, and NewYork-Presbyterian, thank you for trusting us with your care. Be well, stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Visitor Policy Changes
In response to the evolving COVID-19 outbreak and in line with our revised Visitation Guidelines, only select entrances will be open at each Hospital throughout the NewYork-Presbyterian system. All other entrances will be closed and inaccessible to patients, visitors, and staff. The health and safety of our patients, visitors, employees, and our communities remain our top priority at NewYork-Presbyterian. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Our staff is dedicated to always providing the highest quality, most compassionate care and service to each and every one of our patients and their families in a warm and friendly environment. To help ease the stress of hospitalization for you and your family, we have developed the following Guides for Patients and Visitors. It includes information about what to bring to the Hospital, what to expect during your stay, and the services and amenities that will be available to make you as comfortable as possible.
If you still have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call your doctor or ask any member of our staff for additional information. Guides are presented below in PDF format with different language options and grouped by hospital location.