Expert oncologists at New York’s #1 hospital lead the way in genomics and precision medicine based therapies.
As one of 50 NCI designated comprehensive cancer centers in the country, our oncology program has a proven track record of helping patients beat the odds with comprehensive, coordinated care.
Outcomes Report on Clinical and Scientific Innovations in Oncology
The Report on Clinical and Scientific Innovations in Oncology highlights the work of NewYork-Presbyterian physicians and scientists in lung and genitourinary cancers, mantle cell lymphoma, myeloma, and glioblastoma.
Accelerating Therapies for Challenging Blood Disorders
From studies in the laboratory to evaluating therapeutics in clinical trials, faculty at the NCI-designated Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center at Columbia University and the Weill Cornell Medicine Meyer Cancer Center in partnership with NewYork-Presbyterian are addressing the treatment challenges of blood disorders.
Prolonging Life for Men with Prostate Cancer
Extending survival was the focus of a recent multinational phase 3 clinical trial of a combination therapy for men with nonmetastatic, castration-resistant prostate cancer. Led by Weill Cornell Medicine Oncology, the study provides evidence that adding androgen-receptor inhibitors to current therapies delays metastasis and improves survival.
Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: A New Combination for Neoadjuvant Therapy
A novel trial of chemotherapy combined with a PD-L1 inhibitor administered preoperatively in patients with resectable non-small cell lung cancer has had impressive results, raising expectations among oncologists and surgeons that they may soon have a new therapeutic strategy to offer patients with this life-threatening disease.
Novel Research Advancing Cancer Care and Treatment
Studies by Columbia University and Weill Cornell Medicine faculty are making headlines in oncology research, providing promising evidence for new therapies and better understanding of the origins of blood and solid tumor cancers.
Extending the Boundaries of Cancer Care
Exceptional Expertise in Rare Cancers
Combined rare cancers account for 50% of all cancer diagnoses. Researchers at the Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center at NewYork-Presbyterian/
Investigating Immunotherapy Approaches in Genitourinary Oncology
Dr. Charles G. Drake initiated a cutting-edge trial in which androgen deprivation therapy is combined with a drug aimed at preventing suppressive myeloid cells from entering the prostate tumor microenvironment at the time of therapy.
Confronting Solid Tumors: Vitamin C Takes on the KRAS Gene
With a multimillion dollar grant, investigators at NewYork-Presbyterian/
Neoadjuvant Therapy in Breast Cancer: A New Raison D’être
In the past 50 years, use of neoadjuvant chemotherapy for breast cancer has evolved. Today, clinicians at NewYork-Presbyterian are using neoadjuvant therapy to tackle residual tumor.
A New Take on BMT and Cellular Therapies
As the Adult Blood and Marrow Transplant Program at NewYork-Presbyterian/
Targeting Early Breast Cancers with Ablation Therapies
Surgeons at NewYork-Presbyterian/
Newsletters for Medical Professionals
2021 Issue 2
2021 Issue 1
- Shared Decision-Making: A Critical Adjunct to Prostate Cancer Care
- Advancing the Prostate Cancer Care Paradigm
- Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center Earns National Cancer Institute Renewal
2020 Issue 1
- Patient-Derived Organoids: Continuing a Promise of Progress in Cancer Therapeutics
- Awards and Honors
- Renowned GI Physician-Scientists Lead Cancer Care and Research Programs at NewYork-Presbyterian
- Open Surgery Safer than Minimally Invasive Approach for Early-Stage Cervical Cancer
- Regulating Metabolism in the Setting of Cancer
- Noted Breast Surgeon Appointed Chief of Breast Surgery at Weill Cornell
- A New Take on BMT and Cellular Therapies
- Weill Cornell Medicine Faculty Win NCI Outstanding Investigator Awards
- 2018 Young Investigator Awards: Recognizing Up and Coming Scientists
- Confronting Solid Tumors: Vitamin C Takes on the KRAS Gene
- Prestigious SPORE Grant to Advance Prostate Cancer Care
- Renowned Surgeon Leads Columbia Breast Surgery Program
- Comprehensive Programs Address Brain and CNS Metastases
- NewYork-Presbyterian Establishes the William Rhodes and Louise Tilzer-Rhodes Center for Glioblastoma
- Targeting Early Breast Cancers with Ablation Therapies
- Neoadjuvant Therapy in Breast Cancer: A New Raison D’être
- Ongoing Research in Early-Stage Invasive Breast Cancer Treatment
- Weill Cornell Medicine Awarded SPORE Grant in Prostate Cancer
- Ovarian Cancer: Overcoming Obstacles to Immunotherapy
- Immunotherapy: A New Frontier in Genitourinary Cancers