Comprehensive Testing, Treatment, and Prevention
NewYork-Presbyterian's Project STAY program provides the full range of testing, treatment, and prevention for sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy.
We offer testing, counseling, treatment, and support for people living with HIV and those at increased risk for the infection. People with HIV may need a variety of services such as housing, mental health care, help with getting a job, and other services. We can help you get to the right agency to get what you need. Project STAY also has a full program to provide medical and mental health services for young people living with HIV. To make an appointment, call 646-234-0417.
PEP/PrEP for HIV Prevention:
Project STAY can link you with treatment to prevent HIV before or after potential exposure by using a once-a-day medication. For more information, text or call our PEP/PrEP specialists at 917-580-1682.
Other Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs):
Project STAY offers testing, counseling, treatment, and (where appropriate) vaccination for STDs, including:
- Crabs/public lice
- Hepatitis B
- Human papillomavirus (HPV)
Our team helps young people understand and choose appropriate birth control, such as:
- Birth control pills
- Nuva ring (a hormone-containing ring placed into the vagina once a month)
- Depo Provera (a hormonal injection given once every three months)
- Intrauterine devices (IUDs)
- Implants (a small hormone-containing rod injected under a woman's skin which works for up to three years)
- Male condoms
- Female condoms
- Emergency contraception (the "morning after" pill, taken during the first five days after unprotected sex to prevent pregnancy)