The interventional neuroradiology (INR) Program at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens is one of a few programs in the world to offer a full team of specialists in this advanced discipline. Neurosurgeons with advanced training in neuroradiology can perform minimally invasive catheter-based techniques, using high-tech imaging equipment to guide their work.
Our Interventional Neuroradiology Program specializes in:
- Minimally invasive approaches to cerebrovascular conditions such as aneurysms, arteriovenous malformations of the brain and spine, and stroke.
- Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty for the treatment of painful vertebral body fractures.
- Pre-operative embolization to improve outcomes of surgery of brain and spinal tumors.
- Intra-arterial chemotherapy of tumors of the eye (retinoblastoma), the brain, and the spine.
- Treatment of superficial vascular malformations of the face and neck.
- Treatment of pulsatile tinnitus caused by a narrowing of the veins in the brain.
Conditions we treat
- Arteriovenous malformation (AVM)
- Brain tumors in adults
- Carotid occlusive disease
- Cavernous malformations
- Pulsatile tinnitus
- Spinal compression fractures
- Vascular brain tumors