Integrated Delivery System (Project 2.a.i)
The PPS will collaborate with the New York State Department of Health Medicaid Program to develop a sustainable DSRIP Integrated Delivery System, which will include:
- Integration of New York State Health Homes to provide community-based care coordination
- Warm handoffs between care settings
- Connections across local health information exchanges and use of other Health Information Technology tools to facilitate sharing of information
- Use of a culturally competent workforce
- Collaboration with safety net community-based organizations
- Adoption of a PPS-wide Patient Centered Medical Home model to address the health needs of our patient population
- Identification of a path to financial sustainability using Value-Based Payment Method
NY State Requirements
- All PPS providers must be included in the Integrated Delivery System. The IDS should include all medical, behavioral, post-acute, long-term care, and community-based service providers within the PPS network; additionally, the IDS structure must include payers and social service organizations, as necessary, to support its strategy.
- Utilize partnering HH and ACO population health management systems and capabilities to implement the strategy towards evolving into an IDS.
- Ensure patients receive appropriate health care and community support, including medical and behavioral health, post-acute care, long term care and public health services.
- Ensure that all PPS safety net providers are actively sharing EHR systems with local health information exchange/RHIO/SHIN-NY and sharing health information among clinical partners, including direct exchange (secure messaging), alerts and patient record look up, by the end of Demonstration Year (DY) 3.
- Ensure that EHR systems used by participating safety net providers must meet Meaningful Use and PCMH Level 3 standards by the end of Demonstration Year (DY) 3.
- Perform population health management by actively using EHRs and other IT platforms, including use of targeted patient registries, for all participating safety net providers.
- Achieve 2014 Level 3 PCMH primary care certification for all participating PCPs, expand access to primary care providers, and meet EHR Meaningful Use standards by the end of Demonstration Year (DY) 3.
- Contract with Medicaid Managed Care Organizations and other payers, as appropriate, as an integrated system and establish value-based payment arrangements.
- Establish monthly meetings with Medicaid MCOs to discuss utilization trends, performance issues, and payment reform.
- Re-enforce the transition towards value-based payment reform by aligning provider compensation to patient outcomes.
- Engage patients in the integrated delivery system through outreach and navigation activities, leveraging community health workers, peers, and culturally competent community-based organizations, as appropriate.