Our services are led by a team of expert NewYork-Presbyterian pediatric orthopedic specialists who understand the comfort and safety of your child is the first course of action. Our facilities are equipped with the finest, state-of-the-art technology available.
What is Pediatric Orthopedics?What is Pediatric Orthopedics?
Pediatric orthopedics covers issues affecting children's bones, muscles, joints, tendons, and ligaments caused by inherited genetics, disease, injuries, or accidents.
The specialists, surgeons, nurses, and health care professionals who work in pediatric orthopedics treat children from infancy to teenagers.
Conditions We TreatConditions We Treat
We offer surgical and nonsurgical options for pediatric orthopedic conditions such as:
- Hip disorders
- Deformity of limbs and spine (including scoliosis)
- Neuromuscular disorders (cerebral palsy, muscular dystrophy)
- Leg length differences
- Tibial pseudoarthrosis
- Bone and soft tissue tumors
- Sports injuries
- Perthes disease
Services & TreatmentsServices & Treatments
The services and treatments offered through NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Irving Medical Center pediatric orthopedics include:
- Emergency care for traumatic injuries - Treating pediatric fractures differs from treating adult fractures since children's fractures can involve growth plates, which can affect how the bone heals and grows
- Pediatric rehabilitation - Children often require physical or occupational therapy after a serious injury or once a fracture has healed. Your provider will write a prescription for physical therapy for your child; you can choose the location nearest to your home.
- Pediatric sports medicine - Our sports medicine providers offer prevention advice, injury treatment, and services designed to enhance the performance of growing athletes while minimizing the risk of injuries
- Scoliosis treatment center - NewYork-Presbyterian is home to a team of experts who are skilled in performing pediatric spinal surgeries. We specialize in the expert treatment of early-onset scoliosis and are pioneers in developing the least invasive methods available to young patients.
- Life-changing improvements for children with cerebral palsy - The Weinberg Family Cerebral Palsy Center is dedicated to improving the quality of life for the cerebral palsy population from infancy to adulthood
Our Team of ExpertsOur Team
Our fellowship-trained pediatric orthopedic surgeons work with nurses, nurse practitioners, physical and occupational therapists, orthotic and prosthetic specialists, social workers, and child life specialists in a family-centered environment to care for and support your child.
In addition, your child has access to all of the medical and surgical subspecialists who practice at NewYork-Presbyterian, ensuring that all medical needs can be addressed in one place.
Our doctors have helped set the standards for the care of many childhood orthopedic conditions. Our research achievements have profoundly influenced the techniques used today to restore mobility and function in young patients worldwide.
Contact Us for an AppointmentContact Us
It's essential to address pediatric orthopedic concerns early to prevent long-lasting damage. The experts at NewYork-Presbyterian have the knowledge and experience to deal with a variety of pediatric orthopedic health problems. We are located throughout Greater New York to offer the best care at your convenience.