Helping Children to Move, Grow, Heal, and Thrive
Musculoskeletal conditions and injuries in infants, children, and adolescents can have long-lasting consequences on their ability to function and their overall quality of life. The pediatric orthopedic specialists of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital have exceptional experience treating all types of orthopedic conditions in children of all ages, from birth defects to trauma, sports injuries, spine deformities, and neuromuscular disorders. No matter what musculoskeletal issue your child has, we have a specialist on our staff to treat it.
- A Team of World-Renowned Experts: Our fellowship-trained pediatric orthopedic surgeons work with nurses, nurse practitioners, physical and occupational therapists, orthotic and prosthetic specialists, social workers, and child life specialists in a family-centered environment to care for your child and support your family. In addition, your child has access to all of the various medical and surgical subspecialists who practice at NewYork-Presbyterian, ensuring that all medical needs can be addressed in one center.
- A Reputation for Excellence: Our pediatric orthopedic surgeons are recognized leaders in the field. Children come to us from across the country and around the world for our care. Our doctors have helped set the standards for the care of many childhood orthopedic conditions. Our research achievements have profoundly influenced the techniques used today to restore mobility and function in young patients around the world.
- Comprehensive and Compassionate Care: We provide surgical and nonsurgical treatment for orthopedic conditions such as scoliosis, clubfoot, leg length differences, tibial pseudoarthrosis, bone and soft tissue tumors, fractures, sports injuries, cerebral palsy, and neuromuscular disorders. We understand your child's individual developmental needs and take a holistic approach when planning his or her care.
- Emergency Care for Traumatic Injuries: Many of our hospitals have emergency room services dedicated just to children. We also have Level One Regional Pediatric Trauma Programs at both NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center and NewYork-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital. These centers provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary care for injured children, some staffed by pediatric orthopedic specialists.
- A Focus on Pediatric Rehabilitation: Our dedicated Pediatric Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation service features a team of experts with specialized training in the rehabilitation of children. Your child's rehabilitation team customizes a plan of care to maximize his or her function and quality of life.
- Getting Young Athletes Back in the Game: Our Sports Medicine Center for the Developing Athlete offers prevention, treatment, and performance-enhancing services for growing athletes. Our goal is to maximize performance while minimizing the risk of injuries.
- A Specialized Center for Scoliosis Treatment: More children's spine surgery is performed at NewYork-Presbyterian than any other hospital in New York. We are especially known for our expertise treating early-onset scoliosis and have introduced less invasive approaches for treating these very young patients.
- Improving the Lives of Children with Cerebral Palsy: The Weinberg Family Cerebral Palsy Center is the first of its kind on the East Coast. Our team provides coordinated care to improve your child's function and quality of life and to promote a smooth transition from pediatric to adult care.