Our doctors are currently seeing patients through in-person and video visits.
When you call to schedule an appointment with our doctors, please let the team know if you want an in-person or video visit. If you request a video visit, our team will walk you through the simple process of arranging one. Call your preferred campus today to schedule an in-person or video visit* appointment.
* This service is open to new and existing patients.
Help Your Child on the Path to a Healthy Lifestyle
Obesity in children has been rising over the years. Children who are obese or overweight are at increased risk of diabetes and other complications, including fatty liver disease. If your child is obese, NewYork-Presbyterian offers special programs to help him or her achieve and maintain a healthy weight now, while they are young. Our goal is to get them on the path to a healthy lifestyle, reducing their risk of the complications that can develop in children who are overweight. Our programs include:
- The Adolescent POWER (Program for Overweight Education and Reduction) Program at NewYork-Presbyterian Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital, which provides adolescents with initial medical, psychosocial, and nutritional evaluations and the option to participate in either group or individual treatment programs.
- The Kids and Teens Healthy Weight Program at NewYork-Presbyterian Komansky Children's Hospital, which encourages healthy lifestyle choices, such as healthy eating, healthy cooking, and exercise. We offer individual and group discussions on nutrition and physical activity through hands-on activities and sessions with families.
Weight Loss Surgery for Adolescents
Weight loss surgery for obese adolescents is available at both NYP/Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital and NYP/Komansky Children's Hospital to not only help teens lose weight, but to improve their health.
- Our centers are among the handful of U.S. centers approved to offer weight loss surgery to obese adolescents.
- We are part of a consortium of major children's hospitals carefully studying weight loss surgery in adolescents.
- Your child's healthcare team includes experts in pediatric gastroenterology, endocrinology, nutrition, psychiatry, surgery, and other specialties.