Skilled Care to Meet a Growing Need
Allergies and asthma are among the most common—and increasingly prevalent—health problems around the world. Immunodeficiencies are rarer, but can be chronic, debilitating, and costly. If your child has an allergy or immunodeficiency, NewYork-Presbyterian's treatment teams include seasoned professionals who care for infants, children, and adolescents with a wide range of allergic and immunologic conditions. We offer your child and family personalized and multidisciplinary care. For your convenience, we have offices in several locations in New York City, Staten Island, and Riverdale.
- A Customized Allergy Treatment Plan: After pinpointing your child’s allergy triggers through thorough diagnostic testing, we will customize a treatment plan to relieve and prevent his or her symptoms and restore quality of life.
- Specialized Care for Food Allergies: We use a range of tests to evaluate children with all types of food allergies. Once we've identified which foods your child is allergic to, we work with you and your child to help eliminate those foods from the diet.
- Collaborative Care for Eosinophilic Esophagitis: We work closely with our specialists in pediatric gastroenterology, hepatology (liver care), and nutrition to provide advanced diagnostic tests and comprehensive care for children with eosinophilic esophagitis, a chronic inflammatory condition.
- Empowering You through Education: By educating you and your child about prescribed medications and the appropriate ways to use them and about how to avoid allergy triggers, we enable you and your family to become active and knowledgeable participants in your child’s health care.
- Rapid Assessment of SCID: We are home to one of only a handful of New York State-designated Severe Combined Immunodeficiency (SCID) Specialty Care Centers. We offer comprehensive diagnostic testing, treatment, and follow-up care for children with SCID, and will see your child within 24 hours of referral to our SCID Specialty Care Center.
- Multifaceted Primary Immune Deficiencies Program: We offer a specialized and multifaceted program to evaluate and treat children with recurrent, persistent, and severe infections, the major symptoms of primary immune deficiencies. We will create a personalized approach for your child, using therapies based on the most up-to-date research.
- Full Range of Specialists: We collaborate with specialists and subspecialists in all areas of pediatrics. If your child has healthcare needs outside of allergy and immunology, we have clinical experts here who can address those as well.
- Research to Advance Our Field: Our clinician-scientists are involved in several areas of research in allergy and immunology, and our faculty members have published widely and achieved national acclaim for their work. We are leaders in studying the causes of and treatments for asthma, food allergies, systemic lupus erythematosus, and hereditary angioneurotic edema.