The Cancer Center Patient-Family Advisory Council (PFAC) at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center is a group of patients, families, caregivers, hospital staff, and faculty who work together on issues relevant to patient and family-centered care.
Advisory Council Initiatives
The Cancer Center Patient-Family Advisory Council at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell, which was founded in 2018, is focused on recruiting foundation members.
Our PFAC meets at 2 PM on the third Thursday of each month.
Become a part of the PFAC
The Council is looking for members interested in sharing their experience, providing perspective and highlighting issues important to patients and families. Our Council strives to represent the diverse community and patient population the Hospital serves. Prospective members should be:
- Current or former patients or their family members.
- Committed to regularly attending meetings.
- Willing to work collaboratively with Hospital Liaisons and other faculty and staff.
- Focused on providing meaningful feedback from a patient/family perspective as applicable.
- Able to represent the collective voice of patients and families rather than the individual’s perspective.
- An active voting member.
- Patient and Family Advisors are Hospital Volunteers. PFAC members are required to adhere to the NYP Volunteer policies and procedures.
Please complete the PFAC application by clicking on the link below. Applicants selected will be contacted for an interview and must be willing to complete the NewYork-Presbyterian’s Volunteer Services process. For more information, please contact [email protected].