The Payne Whitney Patient-Family Advisory Council (PFAC) at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center is a group of patients, families, caregivers, hospital staff, and faculty who work together on issues related to patient and family-centered care.
Advisory Council Initiatives
Since its founding in 2016, the Payne Whitney Patient-Family Advisory Council has:
- Provided input for hospital-based programs and initiatives, such as the OPD Family Group and Shared Medical Record Committee.
- Hosted a NAMI Family-to-Family series and Family Connections with priority access given to Payne Whitney families.
- Submitted a Patient-Centered Care Grant, which is a toolkit of critical resources and services for patients and family.
The Council is currently focused on refining the toolkit, which has evolved into a companion guide for recovery.
Join us at 5:30 PM on the first Monday of each month for our PFAC meeting.
Become a part of the PFAC
The Council is looking for patients or family members that have received clinical care at Payne Whitney. This could include any level of care including inpatient or outpatient. Our Council strives to represent the diverse community and patient population the Hospital serves. Prospective members should be:
- Current or former patients or their family members.
- Committed to regularly attending meetings.
- Willing to work collaboratively with Hospital Liaisons and other faculty and staff.
- Focused on providing meaningful feedback from a patient/family perspective as applicable.
- Able to represent the collective voice of patients and families rather than the individual’s perspective.
- An active voting member.
- Patient and Family Advisors are Hospital Volunteers. PFAC members are required to adhere to the NYP Volunteer policies and procedures.
Please complete the PFAC application by clicking on the link below. Applicants selected will be contacted for an interview and must be willing to complete the NewYork-Presbyterian’s Volunteer Services process. For more information, please contact [email protected].