The Patient-Family Advisory Council (PFAC) at NewYork-Pesbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center is a group of patients, families, caregivers, hospital staff, and faculty who work together on issues related to patient and family-centered care.
Advisory Council Initiatives and Outreach
Since its founding in 2012, the Patient-Family Advisory Council at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell has:
- Sponsored multiple events to support patients, families, and hospital staff using Integrative Health interventions.
- Obtained a Patient-Centered Care Grant to purchase sound machines to support a healing environment.
The Council is currently focused on creating partnerships with to advance Integrative health for patients, families and hospital staff.
Our PFAC meets at 5:30 PM on the third Thursday of each month.
Become a part of the PFAC
If you would like to share your experience, provide perspective and highlight issues important to patients and families, we invite you to join us. Our Council strives to represent the diverse community and patient population the Hospital serves. Prospective members should be:
- Current or former patients or their family members.
- Committed to regularly attending meetings.
- Willing to work collaboratively with Hospital Liaisons and other faculty and staff.
- Focused on providing meaningful feedback from a patient/family perspective as applicable.
- Able to represent the collective voice of patients and families rather than the individual’s perspective.
- An active voting member.
- Patient and Family Advisors are Hospital Volunteers. PFAC members are required to adhere to the NYP Volunteer policies and procedures.
Please complete the PFAC application. by clicking on the link below. Applicants selected will be contacted for an interview and must be willing to complete the NewYork-Presbyterian’s Volunteer Services process. For more information, please contact [email protected].