ICHANGE: Innovative Center for Health & Nutrition in Gastroenterology
The Innovative Center for Health and Nutrition in Gastroenterology (ICHANGE) at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center is the only program in New York City offering coordinated and systematic care for people who are overweight and have digestive health issues. The ICHANGE clinic — located in the new NewYork-Presbyterian David H. Koch Center — features a team of experts specializing in digestive care, liver diseases, endocrine (hormonal) diseases, interventional endoscopy, and nutrition who gather in one place to see overweight individuals with digestive health problems who are motivated to lose weight and improve their health.
How ICHANGE can lead to a healthier you?
- Effecitively manage your weight by setting goals and reaching them
- Improve digestive symptoms associated with excess weight such as heartburn, bloating, and changes in bowel habits
- Reduce extra fat in the liver
- Lower your cholesterol
- Reduce your blood sugar and your risk of type 2 diabetes
- Decrease your risk of heart disease and other cardiovascular problems
How does ICHANGE support these changes?
- Clinical advances from doctors, dietitians, nurses, and other clinical experts at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- The latest research from our Weill Cornell Medicine doctors, who are also researchers and will apply the latest findings to your health plan.
- Convenient appointments with team members on the same day in the same place, coordinated by a nurse navigator
- Frequent follow-up care through telemedicine visits and phone calls, helping you to stay motivated and on track
- Many insurances are accepted, and resources are available without high out-of-pocket expenses
How does ICHANGE work?
ICHANGE offers a toolbox of services to help you succeed, including:
- Comprehensive screening and assessment by as many members of our multidisciplinary team as you need, who work together to customize a plan of care to help you lose weight and improve digestive health
- The latest technology including body composition analysis and non-invasive analysis of liver fatLifestyle modifications to promote weight loss along with medical management of = associated digestive disorders such as gall stones, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD or heartburn), uncomfortable symptoms such as bloating, abdominal pain, and change in bowel and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (fatty liver or NASH)
- Complimentary nutritional guidance from a registered dietitian
- Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty, an outpatient procedure to reduce your stomach size without external incisions, which has been shown to be effective for long-term weight loss and improvement of overall health
- Opportunities to participate in clinical trials of new treatments, such as studies assessing new medications for fatty liver disease
Is ICHANGE for me?
The ICHANGE team cares for people who are motivated to lose weight and who have:
- A body mass index (BMI) over 25 (calculate your BMI here)
- Digestive symptoms such as heartburn, abdominal pain, bloating, or irregular bowel movements
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, such as fatty liver disease or steatohepatitis
- A diagnosis of GERD
- Gallstones or other gallbladder diseases
An interest in endoscopic options for weight management including the endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty as well as non-invasive options such as gastric balloons.
Learn more about the ICHANGE program and see if it's right for you.