The Fetal Care Center
The Fetal Care Center at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center is an internationally recognized facility for fetal diagnosis, counseling, and care.
- Your team includes experts in pediatric surgery, heart care, nervous system care, craniofacial abnormalities, ear/nose/throat issues, orthopedics, urology and kidney care, blood disorders (hematology), and genetic disorders. We also have expertise in the care of neonatal abstinence syndrome and many conditions that makes a pregnancy high risk.
- We are renowned for our care of birth defects affecting the brain and/or spinal cord, including hydrocephalus (excess fluid in the brain), spinal cord disorders (such as spina bifida), congenital cysts, and congenital brain abnormalities.
- We offer specialized care for unborn children diagnosed with urogenital problems, such as hydronephrosis (dilation of the kidney). The Fetal Care Center partners with the Institute for Pediatric Urology to provide comprehensive care for unborn children with urogenital problems.
- Patients come from all over to our Fetal Echocardiography Service to receive care from dedicated specialists with expertise diagnosing and treating abnormalities affecting the heart.
- Our center provides exceptional orthopedic care for infants with problems such as clubfoot, congenital short femur, and skeletal dysplasias, and other problems diagnosed after birth. The Pediatric Orthopedic Service features pediatric orthopedists affiliated with the world-renowned Hospital for Special Surgery, who also serve as faculty at Weill Cornell Medical College.
- Our pediatric surgeons deliver outstanding care for infants with abdominal wall defects (such as gastroschisis or omphalocele), intestinal atresias, and other congenital anomalies such as congenital pulmonary airway malformation (CPAM).