The Center for Sleep Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester is a state-of-the-art facility conveniently located inside the main hospital on the 5th Floor and provides professional consultation, diagnostic and treatment services for all types of sleep disorders. It is accredited by the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM) which reflects our commitment to providing sleep disorder patients the highest quality care. Through regular reviews of our Center, the AASM ensures the Center for Sleep Medicine meets requirements that incorporate the latest advances in sleep medicine and meets the needs of patients and referring physicians. The Center is under the medical direction of Dr. Deborah Cappell, a well-established specialist in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep disorders. Dr. Cappell reviews and interprets sleep studies and provides referring physicians with your diagnosis.
Inside the new Sleep Center, patients will enjoy the comfort of our private, hotel-like testing suites and are attended to by the top clinical specialists in the state. The Center for Sleep Medicine makes the process of improving your sleep health simple and will quickly get you on the pathway to better sleep and better health.
What Sets Us Apart
Are you getting enough sleep?
The average American admits that they often sacrifice sleep in order to meet the other demands in their busy lives. The result is sleep deprivation, often ignored by most, or commonly masked with unhealthy sleep aids such as caffeine, nicotine or sugars. However, this sleep type of cycle can be vicious, and when ignored, the effect on one’s overall health and quality of life can be devastating.
Click here for seven daily tips to prioritze your sleep from the American Association of Sleep Medicine for Sleep Awareness Week.
So how do you know if you are not getting enough sleep?
To determine this, ask yourself these questions:
- Am I tired when I wake up in the morning?
- Am I tired during the day?
- Do I feel tired all of the time?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may need a sleep study. We can meet with you to talk about your concerns or discuss a sleep study in the private and convenient offices of NewYork-Presbyterian Medical Group Westchester located at 685 White Plains Road in Eastchester. Some of the more common problems include: insomnia, sleep apnea and restless leg syndrome. To schedule an appointment with Dr. Cappell, call 914-787-4100.
The Center for Sleep Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester is a partner of the National Sleep Foundation To learn more about the treatment of sleep disorders; schedule a consultation or sleep study; please call Dr. Cappell at 914-787-4100 or the Center for Sleep Medicine at 914-787-4400.
- Staffed by board certified sleep physicians and qualified technical staff
- Diagnose and treat all types of sleep disorders including apnea, insomnia, movement disorders and narcolepsy
- Prompt turnaround from study to initiation of therapy
- Our Center welcomes adults and pediatrics patients ages 4 and up
- Streamlined ordering process
- Timely turnaround for reports
- Our Center is conveniently located within NewYork-Presbyterian Westchester
- Prompt patient scheduling
- Physician consults provided on site
- 4 beautifully appointed patient testing rooms
- Caring clinicians enhance patient experience