The following are some of the services the Radiation Safety Offices provide:
- Training staff in the proper handling and documentation of radioactive materials and the operation of radiation producing equipment.
- Providing a centralized ordering system of radioactive isotopes.
- Performing inspections and audits of radioactive materials within the laboratories.
- Performing leakage tests on sealed sources.
- Providing personnel radiation dosimetry monitoring service.
- Providing radioactive materials waste pick-up and disposal service.
- Provide and maintain beta & gamma sample counting equipment, and an iodination core facility.
- Providing structural shielding plans for fixed radiological installations.
- Monitoring environmental releases to ensure regulatory compliance.