Spinal Cord Disorders
- Arachnoid cysts
- Cavernous malformation
- Chiari malformation
- Dorsal arachnoid web
- Spinal arteriovenous malformation
- Spinal dural arteriovenous fistula
- Spinal dysraphism
- Spinal fluid leak
- Spontaneous intracranial hypotension
Our Approach to Care
Our personalized care allows our Och Spine physicians to determine the most appropriate non-surgical or surgical approach to achieve optimal results.
- Advanced spinal imaging. Our Och Spine specialists and dedicated clinical team use advanced imaging capabilities to perform a host of non-surgical and surgical treatments with greater precision.
- Brainlab Spine Navigation combines state-of-the-art, touch screen image control, with best-in-class methods for image-guided surgery. This technology in spine navigation enables accurate pedicle screw placement as well as dramatic reduction of X-Ray exposure to the surgical team and the patient. This can be used in a variety of spine procedures, including: cervical, thoracic and lumbar surgery, tumor treatment and deformity surgery planning and visualization.
- Treatment without surgery. Many disorders of the neck and back can be treated without an operation. We determine if nonsurgical treatment could be an effective option for you before resorting to surgery during your evaluation.
- Specialized spine surgery. Our internationally renowned orthopedic surgeons and neurosurgeons use minimally invasive techniques wherever appropriate and also perform the most complex spinal reconstructions — all with extraordinary precision.
Treatments and Conditions
The NewYork-Presbyterian Queens Och Spine service treats patients of all ages with degenerative spine disorders, scoliosis and other spine deformities, spine trauma, vertebral fractures, and spinal tumors.
- Comprehensive care for full range of back disorders. We treat patients of all ages with degenerative spine disorders, scoliosis and other spine deformities, spine trauma, vertebral fractures, and spinal tumors.
- Experience performing all types of spine surgery. Our orthopedic and neurosurgeons use minimally invasive techniques wherever appropriate and also perform the most complex spinal reconstructions — all with extraordinary precision.
- Pediatric care. We have a dedicated pediatric spine program just for children and teens with scoliosis and other spinal disorders.
Our Integrated Team
The specialized multidisciplinary team combines their expertise to customize a personalized plan of care, evaluating the use of non-surgical and surgical treatments to meet each patient's needs.