The Dental Emergency Suite is located within the Urgent Care area of the Department of Emergency Medicine at NewYork-Presbyterian Queens. This area specializes in multiple aspects of dental management. First and foremost, we provide palliative care for pain relief 24 hours a day, which includes prescriptions for pain medication if needed, local anesthesia, incision and drainage of abscesses and management and treatment of oral-facial trauma.
Many patients present to this location and are moved through their visit expeditiously and are referred to the main dental clinic for follow up care. If however you need routine and definitive dental and oral surgical care (fillings, crowns, root canals, gum treatment, implants, extractions), please call your dental carrier to find a provider.
Treatments include, but are not limited to:
- Pain Management
- Infection Management
- Repair of Lacerations
- Jaw Fracture / Tooth Fracture Reduction
- Oral Pathology
- Palliative Treatment of Dental Nerve Pain via prescription pain medication and or local anesthesia
- Pediatric Dental Emergency
- Special Care / Developmentally Disabled Dental Emergency
- Management of Medically Compromised Dental Care
- Diagnostic X-ray including Panoramic X-ray
Hours of Operation
Access to Emergency and Palliative Dental Care 24 hours a day.
If you need routine dental and oral surgical care (fillings, crowns, root canals, gum treatment, implants, extractions) please call your dental carrier to find a provider.