Community Glaucoma Screenings
Screenings are performed around the community at various sponsoring locations. They involve:
- Finger stick for glucose testing (test for diabetes)
- Blood pressure examination
- Visual acuity test
- Visual field test
- Intraocular pressure (IOP) measurement
Tests are performed by a physician and Queens Eye Center staff. Evaluations are free, with no charge to the participants or the organization sponsoring the screening events.
Participants found to be at risk for glaucoma are called for follow-up examination at the Queens Eye Center. If the participant has no insurance, there is no charge for the center's evaluation. Normal charges will be submitted to insurance for those with a policy.
Who is at risk for Glaucoma?
- African-Americans over the age of 40
- Individuals of Hispanic origin
- Anyone over the age of 60
- People with a family history of glaucoma
- People with diabetes and/or high blood pressure