At NewYork-Presbyterian Queens, our radiation oncology specialists are continuously refining treatments based on the latest research to provide targeted cancer care to our patients, right here in Queens. In the Julia and Ned Arnold Center for Radiation Oncology, our patients receive advanced radiation therapy in a comfortable environment that is close to home. All of our radiation oncologists are on the faculty of Weill Cornell Medicine. Our team provides guidance and support to answer any questions you may have during your cancer care experience.
Care Tailored to Your Needs
From the first time you visit us and enter our spacious center, with separate entrance, through completion of your last treatment, our compassionate and supportive staff provides personalized care. Staff members are available to address your concerns and provide your care according to your schedule, coordinating appointments with your work hours or chemotherapy appointments to make your treatment as convenient as possible. Our flexible team understands the burden that a course of radiation therapy can place on your life, and we are committed to minimizing that burden.
The New York-Presbyterian Queens Cancer Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (ACS-CoC) as an Academic Comprehensive Cancer Program (ACAD). The Cancer Center has been accredited since 1987 and has achieved the highest level of commendations by the Commission on Cancer in our most recent site visit. The Arnold Center for Radiation Oncology is accredited by the American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO), in recognition of our commitment to adhering to the highest standards for the practice of radiation oncology. You can rest assured you are receiving the highest quality cancer care.
Who We Treat
Our radiation oncologists use the most effective type of radiation therapy for your type and stage of cancer and customize it to your tumor's location, shape, and size. We provide radiation treatments for a wide range of cancers, including but not limited to:
- Breast cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Lung cancer
- Head and neck cancers
- Colorectal and other digestive cancers
- Brain tumors
- Gynecologic cancers
- Bone metastases
- Bladder cancer
- Leukemia and lymphoma
- Skin cancer
The Latest Technologies and Approaches
The Arnold Center for Radiation Oncology is home to advanced technologies that permit the precise delivery of radiation to where it's most needed while sparing nearby healthy tissues as much as possible. We'll match you with the treatment that is most appropriate for you. Our center offers:
- Brachytherapy (implanted radiation sources)
- Three-dimensional conformal radiation therapy (3D-CRT)
- Image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT)
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- Stereotactic body radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Stereotactic body radiosurgery (SRS)
- Volume-modulated ARC therapy (VMAT)
- Radioisotope therapy for prostate cancer
- Electric field therapy for glioblastoma
- Hypofractionated ("short course") radiation therapy for breast cancer and other cancers
- Prone radiation therapy for breast cancer, delivered while the patient lies on a table with the treated breast extending through an opening; only the affected breast is treated, and radiation exposure to the heart and lungs is reduced
Julia and Ned Arnold Center for Radiation Oncology
Our center is easily accessible. We offer free parking, are close to public transportation, and can assist with special transportation arrangements for those who need it.