Specialized Programs to Support Pediatric Mental Health
At NewYork-Presbyterian, we offer high-quality, evidence-based, comprehensive mental health care for children and families. We provide specialized diagnostic, treatment, and crisis intervention services to thousands of families each year through outpatient and inpatient programs in multiple locations. Our pediatric mental health experts begin treatment with a comprehensive diagnostic assessment and customize the most effective plan of care for your child. Family members and caregivers are integral throughout your child's care.
- A Team of Specialists: When you come to us for care, your child and family will benefit from the expertise of a compassionate and highly skilled team of mental health specialists who are committed to assessing and tailoring treatment to your child's individual needs.
- Comprehensive Care: We treat children and adolescents with anxiety, depression, psychosis, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), eating disorders, and disruptive behavior disorders, among others.
- Adolescent Partial Hospitalization: Our multi-campus, medically supervised adolescent partial hospitalization program is an alternative to or step-down from hospitalization. We provide intensive brief treatment in an outpatient setting.
- A Dedicated Center for Autism: The Center for Autism and the Developing Brain — located in White Plains, about 30 miles north of midtown Manhattan — provides comprehensive care in a single setting for individuals living with autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and other developmental disorders of the brain.
- Treatment for Eating Disorders: The Eating Disorders Center of NewYork-Presbyterian is designed to help individuals with eating disorders work toward recovery in a comfortable and supportive environment. The Center includes The Outlook at Westchester, an inpatient unit located on the expansive, park-like campus of NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital's Westchester Behavioral Health Center.