Sweet Potato Fries
This healthy and delicious recipe makes a great substitute for traditional French fries. Sweet potatoes are an
excellent source of beta-carotene, which is a precursor of vitamin A. Sweet potatoes are also a very good source of vitamin C and manganese, and a good source of dietary fiber, vitamin B6, and potassium.
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 pound unpeeled sweet potatoes, scrubbed and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices (about 1 1/2 -2 medium potatoes)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F, with oven rack placed in the upper third of oven.
- Arrange potato slices on an oiled baking sheet in rows so they are not touching each other. Brush slices with oil.
- Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes. Turn slices with a spatula. Continue to cook for another 10 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Transfer the potatoes to paper towels to drain. Serve warm.
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 3.5g (30% calories from fat)|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g (4.4% calories from saturated fat)|
|Total Carbs 17g|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g|