Pan Seared Rosemary Salmon Skewers
Health Benefits: Rosemary is excellent source of antioxidants. The majority of the fat in this recipe comes
from heart healthy Omega 3 fats.
Recipe prepared by Chef Gerard Valino.
Nutrition Facts by Dr. Jonathan Waitman and Curtis Felton, Culinary Nutrition Fellow.
Recipe Yield: 4 servings (2 skewers per serving)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, fresh
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound salmon filet, boneless and skinless
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Preheat a nonstick or saute pan to medium high.
- Cut salmon into 1 inch x 1 inch squares.
- Combine rosemary, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add salmon and toss to coat. Thread salmon and tomatoes alternately onto 8 soaked 10-inch or 12-inch wooden skewers.
- Add oil to pan. Sear the skewers for 2-3 minutes on one side then turn heat to medium, carefully turn skewers to cook salmon, approximately 4-6 minutes.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 6g (33% of calories from fat)|
|Saturated Fat 1g (6% of calories from saturated fat)|
|Total Carbs 4g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
*Note: Majority of the fat in this recipe comes from heart healthy polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats.