Rosemary and Lemon Pan Seared Chicken Breast
Health Benefits: Rosemary is excellent source of antioxidants.
Recipe prepared by Chef Pedro Vargas. Nutrition Facts by Rafaela Lopez, RD and Curtis Felton, Culinary Nutrition Fellow
Recipe Yield: 6 servings or 3 single breasts
- Two 1/2 pounds chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- Six cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Three tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- One 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- One lemon, zest and juice or 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- One tablespoon low sodium grill seasoning blend (such as Grill Mates® Montreal Chicken) or low sodium seasoning blend
- Half cup dry white wine or (low sodium/no sodium) chicken broth
- Preheat sauté pan or medium sized pan over a medium high heat.
- Place chicken in a large mixing bowl. Add garlic, rosemary, extra-virgin olive oil, lemon zest and seasoning blend to the bowl.(Note: Zest lemon using a zester or microplane and yellow part of the lemon only.)
- Toss and coat the chicken with all ingredients.
- Place chicken in sauté pan and sear on both sides for two minutes each or until chicken has browned.
- Once the chicken is browned, remove pan from heat. Add wine and lemon juice to mixing bowl and stir removing any seasonings leftover from chicken.
- Turn heat to low, add wine mixture to pan with chicken. Return pan to stove and cook for an additional 3 minutes. Turn off heat. Let chicken stand in pan for 5 minutes; wine mixture will have reduced by half. Cut chicken into 1 inch cubes and serve with reduced wine mixture.
(Note: Chicken breast can be served whole as pictured above. One portion is equivalent to 1/2 chicken breast.)
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 11g (33% of calories from fat)|
|Saturated Fat 2.2g (6.6% of calories from saturated fat)|
|Total Carbs 2g|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g|