Rosemary Garlic Chicken over Whole Wheat Penne
Health Benefits: Rosemary is an excellent source of antioxidants
Recipe prepared by Chef Bill Doyle
Nutrition Facts by Rachel Stahl, Culinary Nutrition Fellow
Recipe Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless, sliced width-wise into 1/2'' strips
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, fresh, crushed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, fresh, chopped
- 4 cups whole wheat penne (pre-cooked)
- 1/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (optional)
- Canola oil spray
- Spray a nonstick skillet with canola oil spray. Add chicken breast and saute over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes/side or until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat olive oil and sauté garlic until fragrant, but not browned.
- Add flour and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and low-sodium chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened.
- Add Worcestershire Sauce and rosemary. Then add cooked pasta and toss to coat evenly.
- Place chicken strips into skillet and stir dish over low heat until all heated through.
- Transfer to a platter and garnish with cheese. Serve immediately.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 18g (34% of calories from fat)|
|Saturated Fat 2g (4% of calories from saturated fat)|
|Total Carbs 48g|
|Dietary Fiber 7g|
*Note: Majority of the fat in this recipe comes from heart healthy polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats.
Health Benefits: Mint contains antioxidants and is thought to have a soothing effect.