Lime, Garlic and Oregano Mojo Grilled Chicken
Health Benefits: Oregano has more antioxidants than any other herb and also contains antibacterial properties.
Recipe prepared by Chef Bill Doyle
Nutrition Facts by Curtis Felton, RD
Recipe Yields: 4 Servings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups lime juice
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup fresh oregano or 2 tablespoons dried
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound chicken breast cutlets, boneless and skinless
- In a large bowl, create your mojo marinade by combining all the ingredients except the chicken and mixing thoroughly. If using fresh oregano, finely chop before adding to the bowl.
- Marinate the chicken in one cup of mojo marinade for at least 15 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- Remove cutlets from marinade and grill for 1 ½ minutes per side or sauté 2-3 minutes per side.
- Add the remaining unused marinade to the grilled chicken.
- Serve immediately and garnish with fresh oregano.
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 9g (35% calories from fat)|
|Saturated Fat 1.4g (5% calories from saturated fat)|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|