Recipe brought to you by the Registered Dietitians of NewYork-Presbyterian.
- 1 1/2 cups milk* (may use soy milk, skim milk, almond milk, or other non-fat, non-dairy milk**)
- 1 heaping cup raw spinach leaves
- 1 heaping cup raw kale leaves
- 1/2 fresh pear, chopped
- 1 banana, peeled, sliced, and frozen
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Remove kale leaves from their center stalk and coarsely chop.
- In blender, blend kale, spinach, and milk until kale is well-incorporated (no large chunks).
- Stop the blender. Add banana, pear, and maple syrup and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a glass and enjoy!
|Amount Per Serving|
|Total Fat 1.9g (14% of calories from fat)|
|Saturated Fat 0.3g (2% of calories from saturated fat)|
|Total Carbs 21.7g|
|Dietary Fiber 2.6g|
|Vitamin C 31mg|
*Soy milk recommended due to a higher iron content.
**Nutrient analysis based on the use of soy milk.